Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pre-trainnig... arrrrrrrrg!

Our "official" training starts this Saturday (May 24) where we run our first 3 mile stretch out at Lake Balboa. If any of my story has at all inspired you, then head out to Lake Balboa Saturday morning (around 8'ish) and check out our first practice. Who knows you may find yourself asking the question "Am I freakin insane??" as you fill out an entry application.

So to prepare for myself for this grueling training I have been doing mile long runs up hill in the Hollywood Hills for the past two weeks. Nuts!..huh? As crazy as that sounds, it actually is a damn good workout accompanied with some good scenery. The hill I am running is actually steeper then any hill I will encounter in SF, but what the hell, eh. If I can do that consistently I will be at least somewhat prepared.

Last Sunday Jamie and I started our pre-training program that is outlined in our runners packet. This consisted of running for 8 minutes, then walking for 1 minute, and repeat for 20 minutes total. I actually impressed myself and was able to jog about an 8 minute mile. So get your math head out... that's right, I ran about 2 1/2 miles my first time out!! Holy crap! That's just a half-mile shy of what I will be doing this Saturday.

I'm out for now - try and keep up with me.

B

No comments: